Friday 16 January 2015

More poop stuff ...












Following hot on the heels of last


 week's post, we nearly all trod in a pile of poop which someone had considerately left right outside the front garden gate. It's not the first time this has happened either ... while my initial urge was to lie in wait for the culprit to pass again and catch them in the act of poo-abandonment, when I would then leap out on the unsuspecting owner and rub their nose in it in the hope they might not do it again, more modern training tactics plus a violent rainstorm made me decide to try a different strategy. I wrote a short piece of doggerel instead. So far, no more poo - and several people have stopped to comment on how cross it makes them too. Worryingly, one dog-owner hadn't even realised there was a council poo bin so close - maybe the council should paint them in a more dazzling dayglo colour to draw attention to them? If you don't like having to carry your dog's

poo around while trying to find the nearest poo bin - I agree it isn't very pleasant -  then I recommend investing in a Dicky Bag. I acquired one myself a couple of months ago, and it really is brilliant: it contains any poo-smells and leaves your hands free and is altogether much nicer than tying it onto the leash or a bag. I wish I'd bought one years ago in fact. Disposing of your dog's poop at home can also be a bit of a chore at times, especially if you have multiple dogs, it can tend to build up. I'm looking forward to finding out more about the Dog Poo Wormery, and have started to save up for one of my own ...




 Finally, on a more cheerful note, I found this butterfly the other day in the bedroom. Interrupted during hibernation, I was informed by a friend. It has been carefully relocated to a dry, cool spot and seems to have resumed its dreams, presumably of nectar filled sunny days ahead ...

FIND OUT MORE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment