Sunday 26 July 2015

Another quick one!

Another brief post as the allotment is going at full throttle at the moment and when I'm not picking black and redcurrants, jostaberries, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries I'm prepping them for the freeezer ... Archie and Angel always greet me at the door, ready to enthusiastically sample anything left at nose level.
Some is frozen whole, some stewed ready for pies, Eve's puddings and crumbles, and I've just made a half dozen Summer puddings: later in the year when things have calmed down a bit I'll retrieve some of the frozen fruit to make jams and jellies at a more leisurely pace.
In the meantime here's a picture of a butterfly: I haven't seen so many around for years, but they are everywhere - although I have seen very few Cabbage Whites this year ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment